fundraising is hard fundraising is important fundraising is hard fundraising is important
• Razom’s Emergency Response - Razom for Ukraine is a New York organization born out of the Maidan movement, the “Revolution of Dignity of 2014 when millions of people worked together and risked their lives to build a pathway to a better future for Ukraine,… toward a more prosperous, democratic nation.” Razom is responding to the Ukrainian emergency „providing critical humanitarian war relief and recovery,” focusing at this time on delivering tactical medicine items and hospital supplies to Ukraine and assisting Ukrainian refugees in Poland. Razom collaborates with partners on the ground: Kryla Nadiyi (Wings of Hope), Euromaidan-Warszawa, and Ukrainian Education Platform.
The link to donate on Razom’s website:
• PEN Ukraine works in cooperation with PEN Belarus, Polish PEN Club and Open Culture Foundation collecting funds to support Ukrainian writers, journalists, scientists, translators and artists, at present helping to address the most urgent needs of those in the creative community, whose lives are in direct danger, in need of urgent evacuation and resettlement. Donations can be made in the form of bank transfer:
USD: 49 1870 1045 2078 1068 6320 0003
Transfer title: a donation to Ukraine.
More information about the organization (or transfers in złoty or euro): http://penclub.com.pl/2022/03/01/wsparcie-ukrainskich-dzialaczy-kultury/
• Our Choice Foundation - Fundacja „Nasz Wybór” - founded in 2009 by Ukrainians and their Polish friends with the dual aim: to assist Ukrainian immigrants in the process of integration in the Polish society and to disseminate information about the Ukrainian culture. Donations can be made in the form of bank transfer:
USD: 23 1020 1013 0000 0702 0464 8061
Transfer title: Donation to the Ukrainian House.
More information about the organization: https://naszwybor.org.pl
POLISH ORGANIZATION WITH SPECIAL COMMITMENT AT PRESENT TO HELPING UKRAINE AND UKRAINIAN REFUGEES IN POLAND:
• Kosciuszko Foundation initiated a special campaign: Stand with Ukraine, true to the KF’s motto “For Your Freedom and Ours”: “The money we raise goes directly into the hands of women and children who are escaping the bombing.” https://www.thekf.org/kf/events/Help-Ukraine/
• Polish Humanitarian Action – Polska Akcja Humanitarna (PAH) - the organization, founded in 1994 by Janina Ochojska, Tomasz Wilk and Włodzimierz Sarna, has been well-tested in its steady work under conditions of international conflicts and crises. PAH initiated a campaign SOS UKRAINE, focused on delivering essential help for families in Donetsk oblast. Donations can be made in the form of bank transfer:
Alior Bank S.A.
USD: 50 2490 0005 0000 4600 2305 1673 https://www.pah.org.pl/
• Polish Center for International Aid - Polskie Centrum Pomocy Międzynarodowej (PCPM) - a non-governmental organization, founded in 2006, provides “humanitarian, development and medical relief assistance… to victims of humanitarian crises and most vulnerable communities,” including projects in Nepal, Peru, South Sudan, Palestine, Iraq, Burkina Faso. The PCPM has been helping Ukraine and war refugees in Poland from the first days of the war: https://pcpm.org.pl/
• The Chopin Community for Ukraine – The Fryderyk Chopin Institute in Warsaw together with the charity CARITAS Polska is raising money for food for Ukrainian war refugees. The Institute also opened Chopin’s birthplace in Żelazowa Wola to the refugees, sheltering Ukrainian families: IBAN: PL
SWIFT: POLUPLRR USD: 11 8013 1029 2003 0070 6797 0001
• Fundacja Samodzielność od Kuchni (SOK) - this young Warsaw organization run by Katia Roman-Trzaska is dedicated to assisting orphaned adolescents in the difficult period of transition from orphanage to independent life, offering companionship and emotional support while teaching them cooking skills. At present SOK is focused on offering humanitarian aid organizing integration workshops for Ukrainian children in foster care and providing warm meals in refugee shelters: https://samodzielnoscodkuchni.pl/en/strona-gdla
• Community Initiative – Help for Ukraine - Inicjatywa Sąsiedzka – Pomoc Ukrainie – it’s a group of volunteers, inhabitants of Bolechowice and Zelków, near Cracow, who offered shelter to Ukrainian refugee families at the outburst of the war and whose actions evolved from this immediate help to a long term project offering assistance in social integration and in search for work. We include this small group as a positive signal of constructive activities, a symbol of many other similar local initiatives. Donations are possible through the bank transfer:
USD: 24 1090 2590 000 0001 4989 2598
Title: „PomUk” – fundraising to help refugees in Bolechowice and Zelkow.
• International Committee of the Red Cross - Geneva-based organization doing great work in the most difficult war zones and providing assistance to people most at risk. “Working closely with the Ukrainian Red Cross Society, we are increasing our response to the humanitarian needs in Ukraine. Our support to people includes emergency assistance such as food, water, and other essential items”:
Note: this is NOT the American Red Cross that has had a very mixed record as a charity organization.
• United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF) – dedicated to global support system for the children. Since 2014 it has been involved in the Donbas region, eastern Ukraine, delivering lifesaving aid (emergency education supplies, trucking safe water, responding to cases of violence and abuse against children): https://www.unicefusa.org/
• International Rescue Committee — founded in 1933, IRC is a time-tested organization dedicated to help people affected by humanitarian crises; it provides health care and educational resources for children as well as seeks to address the inequalities facing women. In case of current situation in Ukraine, IRC sends vital supplies to displaced children and families.” https://www.rescue.org
• International Medical Corps - founded in 1984,as a well-known first responder, IMC provides emergency relief (lifesaving healthcare and supplies) to people affected by conflict and disaster. Besides emergency medical response, IMC is also dedicated to long-term medical support and training. In response to the war, IMC is expanding its relief efforts on the ground in Ukraine in neighboring countries, with a new logistic and support hub located in Poland:
A moment of silence and the Ukrainian national anthem, sung by the Metropolitan Opera Orchestra and Chorus, Feb. 28, 2022, before the opening of Don Carlos